Chapter 16 Test Review
Review is due the day of the Test.
- What is precipitation?
- What type of clouds are low, layered gray clouds that produce drizzle?
- What are isotherms?
- What does it mean to say that the air is saturated?
- What are the highest clouds called?
- What is high pressure air and what type of weather is associated with it?
- High level, white, feathery clouds usually associated with fair weather are ____ clouds.
- What is the most abundant gas in the atmosphere of the Earth?
- What is an air mass?
- What happens during an El Nino year?
- Where in the world does El Nino start?
- What are lines connecting points of equal barometric pressure on a weather map are called?
- The boundary formed between an advancing cold air mass and a stationary warm air mass would be called what?
- What does a barometer do?
- Explain what relative humidity is.
- What is the dew point?
- An energy losing process that results in water loss is called?
- What is used to measure wind speed?
- An air mass made of warm, rising air would create an area of what type of pressure?
- Which is issued when severe weather conditions exist and immediate action should be taken?
- What is conduction?
- Which layer of the atmosphere contains the ozone layer?
- Which forms during the day along the coast because water heats slower than land?
- What process changes water vapor to a liquid?
- Energy from the sun reaches the earth through what type of energy transfer?